Sunday, December 12, 2010

Pulling from Positive Resources

Let's get back in touch. Let's start from square one. When you were a kid and your parents would get the newspaper did you automatically grab the "Funnies" to read, or did you flip straight to sports? Did you ignore that the paper even came, or did you grow up on an island where you had to grab the paper from the closest mini-mart, Solitude Store in my case. Now that we're adults, or claim to be at least, Do you actually read the newspapers for news, or do you just turn the TV on to MSNBC? Did any of you flip straight to the horoscope page in your youth, rip it out and go forward with your day? Present do any of you cruise the Internet for your horoscopes daily, receive text message horoscopes or have the app on your iPhone?

I used to follow my horoscope closely. Suppose it was more in my fairy tale days when the concept of reality was further in the distance. Adulthood hadn't quite set, and the possibility of items like this having some truth to me was more likely than the recent. Maybe I've been to worked up in being grown up, maybe I've forgotten the little magical things that used to be so important to me. Magic, belief, ritual, thinking outside of the box: I often thinlkI've become too narrow minded. Maybe I've been in the states too long, maybe I've got a big stick up my ass, maybe I've forgotten how to have a little fun..I am going to read my horoscope daily, I need to bring the magic and the unknowing back into my life. I want to feel spiritual and different again, I want to have a grasp on how the planets move and what makes people who they are.. I used to be in tuned to these things.. Just because I am married, moved on in my life, doesn't mean I can't believe anymore. Right?



Brett asked me the other day why  I haven't put all my bangles back on since the wedding. For any of you that know me you know that my wrists are always decorated with tones of home. My beautiful hand made jewelry has been a prized possession and a growing collection since I was a kid. I took all but one off for Brett and I's wedding because I didn't want it to be too much with my something old, something new, something borrowed, you know the drill. Since the wedding I never put the rest of my bangles on.. Brett asked me if that because I was a married woman now if I wasn't the Free Spirit he first met.. I stood back and thought about this, perhaps I have lost touch. I am the Free Spirit I once was, nothing has changed. My priorities have just shifted and may need to be reevaluated. Starting now, I intend to take some big chances and to get in touch with some of the things I lost.. In the process of growing up, I guess I got boring.. Whoops!


Daily Horoscope:
Saturn is now half way through your sign - that means half of all Librans have had this great cosmic crusher go over their Sun, which is about as tough as it gets in the Saturn stakes. If you were born in the first half of the Libra period, then that includes you. However, if you still have this delight to look forward to, there is one thing to say; you need to work hard and learn the lessons that it's already clear the Universe is offering you.


About A Libra: Libras are first and foremost focused on other's and how they relate to them. Libra's do not like to be alone and are always in search of Partnership! For a Libra, everything is done better if it's done in a pair. Libras are good when they are paired up because they are the epitome of balance, they work in harmony and have a fair sense of play. While they are true team players at work, their favorite partnership is at home; marriage. Libra's feel most complete when they are coupled up with their lover, forever. 



Libra's want to stay on an even keel, Libras are objective, and want to do what's best for everyone. Libra's are keen strategists, they organize groups and get the job done with great poise. Libra's are ruled by Venus. Venus was a smooth seductress who was at her best amid pleasurable excess. Libra's are certainly carrying Venus' torch today, Libras are refined, cultured and have a love for beautiful things. Most of all they love beautiful people, which is why Libra's do so well at cocktail parties, at the theater, or other social gatherings around the arts. Those born under this sign always have the right thing to say and know how to make others feel comfortable. Suave? You BET!  


1 comment:

  1. I thought more bangles meant that you missed home and the less bangles you were content with where you are in life?

    ReplyDelete