Monday, December 27, 2010

... is it over yet ...

HOLIDAY 2010, begone!
I am so sick.. 
so sick and tired.. so..
 TIRED.. TIRED.. TIRED.
My feet hurt.
My back hurts.

Every CRAZY customer is the State of South Carolina has crossed over our lease line.
The cheapest of the cheap, the poorest of the poor..the richest of the rich..

And then today, Darius Rucker from Hootie & the Blowfish came shopping with his lovely daughters.
Beautiful daughters.. Perfect daughters. Polite daughters, daughters that paid with Aero gift cards like every other preteen girl in America.  And there he was..An everyday guy, just shopping with his kids. But everyday is not who he is, he's famous, he's a star, he's a celebrity, and most of all a Charleston Celebrity.

I wanted to thank him..
I wanted to say Thank You because the music he created is something I identify with. Something I can tack to a place and a time.. A period of time from my youth, with special people, with loved ones.
I of course didn't thank him because he would have a.) looked at me like I was crazy and b.) he makes country music now, sell out? perhaps? Depends on who you ask. Either way I had a moment of warm and fuzzy feelings and in that moment I missed my mom.. I missed her alot.. I missed my fairy godmother, my second mother, a very special spider princess. I missed friends from long ago, I missed places I've been, things I've seen.. I had a moment of nostalgia and then it passed..

Another customer asked for a fitting room and...

Back to my holiday HELL..

 I am not sure I have another Holiday Season in me - This may be my last, my feet just can't handle anymore.. And my fake smile is wearing away, sorry folks - This mall is CLOSED FOR BUSINESS. ( I wish! ) But I said this last year, and the year before.

Does anyone need a full time babysitter? I am up for hire, hehe, just kidding.. Kind of,  not really, but you know what I mean. Anything but RETAIL! 

"Lying down in Charleston under the Carolina sky 
You see I'm tired of feeling this pain 
I'm tired of living my own little lie 
And it makes me wonder 
When I see you in my dreams 
Does it mean anything " - Hootie & the Blowfish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment