Saturday, December 4, 2010

Dr's Orders: Bed Rest For You!

This evening has been rather trying for myself and baby Miller.

I was convinced that this evening was the end of our journey together. That baby Miller was checking out. That it just wasn't meant to be.

I took a trip to the Ladies Room @ work tonight. A routine visit, nothing crazy, just a little bit of number one. While in the process I noticed I was bleeding. Enough to drip into the toilet.. Enough to be seen when wiping (again sorry for the TMI, but this is my blog. screw off if you can't handle it.) Enough to send this pukey feeling directly to my stomach, an absolute feeling of panic. Enough to make me think that this was the start of the worst thing that could ever happen... A miscarriage. Enough to have me pull my pants up quickly and then call the emergency phone line for my OBGYN's office.

After the longest 20 minutes of my life, or so it seemed, a dr (dr.pierce) called me back to hear what was going on with me.. I explained to her about the bleeding, and the minor cramping and she told me a variety of things to calm my nerves upto and including that I needed to go home for the evening. For anyone in the retail industry we all know that going home sick is close to an impossible thing to do unless you are in a dire need. Thankfully I had a fellow manager working with me that was more than willing to stay to close tonight so I could follow dr's orders and take myself home. I have been laid up in bed since arriving home and have yet to see anymore blood.

I've been up and down the internet searching for other women who have experienced similar situations. As the dr. told me it was probably my Placenta Shifting, many other women had mentioned they had gone through the exact same thing. Dr.Save the Day also told me that unless I am bleeding through a maxi pad every 30 minutes there is no cause for concern but that if they started to occur I needed to come to hospital ASAP and that unfortunately there wouldn't be much they could do from that point.. Nature takes it's course from there.

So now I sit and wait: The little crampy feeling continues but the blood is mysterious as of now. I cross my fingers and my toes that little baby Miller continues to hang in there as we are 3 days away from our 2nd trimester. The 2nd trimester is said to be the all clear zone. If any miscarriage were to take place they normally do so during the first trimester.

Another interesting thing I read while researching is that the female body sometimes during pregnancy will get confused and think it's time to menstruate again. This will normally happen during weeks 4,8 and 12. You will have the normal signs of Auntie Flow coming to town with out the actual crimson wave. I am in the last few days of week 12.. So this could be the cause as well.

Additionally, it's the holiday season. My work days have extended, the traffic in the store has grown and I am moving more frequently, doing more than usual. It might be too much for me.. Another thing to be thankful for is that my boss is a new mother and a wealth of information. During my mini-meltdown at work tonight she was one of the first people I called in search of guidance. She calmed me down extensively and showed a great deal of mother's love: Even though, obviously, she is not MY mother :) Will I be able to work the 10 hour shifts scheduled for us through out the rest of the holidays, I'm not sure. Will I try, of course. This is another department in which only time will tell.

There are so many interesting factors that come into play while putting together a new little life.. Needless to say I've been a nervous wreck and really just hope my little angel is 100% A-ok! So, wish me luck in my waiting game.

No comments:

Post a Comment