Friday, January 14, 2011

It's the Smaller things, that suck!

The Bissell Rewind - Works wonders with Animals!
I remember in years before when I would think about buying things for myself I would immediately think of material things, clothes, shoes, jewelry, a new over priced purse. Nowadays when I think about splurging I consult with my PID (Partner in Domestication) and we plan on what we intend to buy. Coffee table, plants for the front yard, holiday decor, speaker system for the bedroom, and most recently a Vacuum. 

When I actually go to buy something for myself I think it over thoroughly before going forward with the purchase. Yes those shoes are cute, but do I REALLY need them. Oh my god, I'd love to have a new pair of jeans from Express, but I can get a perfectly good pair from work and at a better price. Kate Spade has beautiful new styles of purses this season, but I have 4+ perfectly good Coach purses that I don't use enough. Needless to say when it's all said and done with I normally walk away empty handed ( or keep checking back until the items I want are on super clearance so I can grab them for a steal ). 

It's interesting how the important things shift from each stage of life to the next... I'm thinking the next time I feel to splurge a little I am going to head down to the local craft store. I feel like I need more of an artistic outlet. My blog is doing wonders, getting on here and typing away is such a form of relief but I think I need more. I need a hobby, I need something to keep me occupied. Something other than my TV set. I think I am going to start painting Still Lifes. Giggle at me, it's ok, I don't mind. I think it'll be fun, I think it'll be calming. That's the hobby idea of the week, it may change next. Either way I am determined to fulfill this need for artistic expression.. I can see Brett and I's house being covered in my rookie artwork, at least he'll support me in my artistic endeavors. But how do I bribe him into coming to Michael's with me to walk the aisles for hours in search of the perfect hobby? Ideas? 

No comments:

Post a Comment