Friday, March 4, 2011

Party on the Caul-de-sac (sp?)

So it's friday night and I have no plans other than watching Nip/Tuck reruns on Netflix and cuddling with my pooches. Got home from work this afternoon and cuddled my husband to death so he could take a little napsy-poo before he had to shuffle off to work to play dream weaver. I have to admit I ate Taco Bell ( and wanted to die afterwards ) and I now plan to starve myself for the next week in punishment of eating such shit.



I'm 25 and home on a friday night with no complaints about it.
If I could count all the friday nights I have been out and about getting into trouble and get paid for it I would be a rich rich girl.
So needless to say, I'm ok with being at home.

I live in Suburbia as most of you already know, Brett and I are the only people on our Caul-De-Sac (sp?) that don't have kids. The only excitement that ever happens on Kestrel Dr. is the occasional Basketball game played by the chilren' dem, scraped knee, or dog on the loose. Well I take that back... team Miller really knows how to get the neighborhood rockin'. A few nights before our wedding we managed to throw together quite the shit show on our back porch. There weren't very many of us, but there really doesn't have to be a ton of people to have a good time, you and I both know that. A few of my girlfriends from the Virgin Islands had just gotten into town, a few of our local friends were here.. and well.. Nicole brought lots of Cruzan Rum  so.. need I say more? One too many Powerade Rum Punches later we were out back cursing like sailors and chain smoking.. ( gosh, reliving that night really makes me miss my girlfriends and wish they lived stateside. ) ANYWHO.. So there was that night, there's been a few garage parties and we can't forget the Christmas Eve Bad Sweater Bash... We know how to have a good time.



Tonight on the other hand is a different story:
2 houses to the right of us ( to the right if you're laying in bed blogging, 2 houses to the left if you are out front looking at our house ) is a what we think is a single father and 2 young sons. The father is in the Air Force, the mother is MIA and the 2 sons are quite possibly the cutest kids on earth. They are of Puerto Rican background ( watch out, you know how us Boricuas can get ) and lead a relatively quiet existence..



Until today that is..
I get home from work to 12 cars ( well maybe not 12, but an ass load nonetheless ) jammed into the Puerto Rican driveway, people in the garage chatting in Spanish, music playing and I can imagine red beans and rice being served in the kitchen! It's a regular ol' Fiesta next door. Amen for someone else on the Caul-de-Sac (sp?) making some noise and having a good time.. I was beginning to think that we were the only ones that liked to live a little. Go on and get down with your BAD SELF Puerto Rican family.. Mind if I stop by for a plate of food?

No comments:

Post a Comment