Monday, March 7, 2011

Call me Mrs.Yucky Face

I was walking on sunshine this morning when I woke up.
Sometime between 11:00am and 4:00pm I fell into this yucky funk of ugliness.

I had to go purchase liquid Drain-O today ( I know, how glamorous ).
My bathtub has decided it's too good to drain and I have been showering myself ankle deep in water the last couple of days. Obviously if I'm wading in ankle deep water husband is too.. I'm convinced we shouldn't wash Kylie in the bathtub anymore. It's been weeks since her last bathtub adventure but still, the drain hasn't been the same since.

There's nothing more depressing than going through the check out line with nothing but liquid Drain-O. You think to yourself " I wonder what the cashier thinks I have going on at home, a giant plumbing disaster, gross" LUCKILY I wasn't buying an industrial sized plunger, then I know that woman would be like "WTF?".

After my trip to Plumbers-r-Us I decided to take myself for a quick bite to eat, I splurged and had some Reeses Peanut Butter icecream, I just had to - I've been working so hard, I deserve to spoil myself. It's MUCH better that gorging myself with Taco Bell right?

The food didn't help the funk, the ice cream didn't help the funk, so I thought window shopping may help.
I hit TJ Max, Target, Ross ( with hopes of finding something cheap and fabulous, although everything in there is always shit ) popped into Rue 21 ( only because the customer service is so terrible there I like to go in tp remind myself of what an amazing team I work with ) and concluded my window shopping adventure in even more of a shitty mood.

Brett is working late this afternoon, poor baby. He asked me to come up to the lab to watch TV and hang out but I kindly turned him down. This shitty mood needs to be confined to the privacy of our home. I fear that if I were to be in close contact with someone right now my terrible mood would ooze onto them and therefor contaminate them.. There is no more room in this house for another bad mood so I am going to steer clear of everyone including my husband.

Auntie flo is getting ready to come into town - I can feel her fast approach.
My face looks like a piece of pepperoni pizza and I could cry at the drop of a dime.
Yet another reminder of how crappy it can be to be a girl.
I remind myself that I only have to deal with this once a month, for 45+ years and that other than this burden being a woman is quite possibly the most special thing on earth. Agreed?

No comments:

Post a Comment